1.08.2007

I Spoke Too Soon...

So as happy I was about the toliet in Kampala, I only had to wait to arrive into Gulu to be tested... It's pretty much just a hole in the ground and so balance is key, of which I have none. I've already had a few attempts and am improving, but it's still quite a challenge to me, I'm not going to lie. I tried to upload the lovely picture, but Blogger's not working with me. I will for sure update it later. I know you're dying to see where my waste is going.

I got to Gulu okay, the trip took a little over five hours and was quite bumpy. Boy, will I sure love the roads when I get home! I was so incredibly sad to leave our Kampala Ugandan participants for this week that I can't imagine how I'll feel when I come home. I miss my hubby and family and pets to death, but I really don't want to leave... I'm already plotting my return. This place feels like a second home and I know that I'm meant to work here because I just love it so much. I want to bring everyone I know here!! It truly is an amazing place.

Anyways, attempting to upload some more pictures, but until then, Nkwagala! (I love you)

3 comments:

angie said...

Sounds like you're having a great time - toilet issues aside!

David said...

very nice. those ugandans sure do know how to find someone to interview. I remember one toilet poised on a mountain and while people were carrying me down to it they knocked over a boulder and it almost killed a cow at the bottom of the valley. Post something about what you've learned from people sometime. Have fun. love.

David said...

oh wow, that's the first time my computer has let me post anything.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online