10.18.2006

Sponsor Me Goddammit!

Sponsor Me!

Alright, alright. I won't be that mean about it, but if you are able to spare any money I would really appreciate your sponsorship for the Gulu Walk that I helped organize for Cincinnati, OH this Saturday.

On Saturday, October 21, I am walking for the children of northern Uganda. In the midst of this 20-year conflict in Uganda, over 1-million people have been displaced, on top of thousands of night commuters. These displaced children have been forced into abhorrent conditions in camps where hundreds of people are dying every week because of a lack of clean water, food and medical care. I am walking to tell their story and to fundraise in support of children'’s programs that focus on education, rehabilitation and youth outreach, for this generation being left behind. Donate to me today and help me reach my fundraising goal. Better yet, join me and be one of the 10,000 reasons for hope in northern Uganda. For more information please visit GuluWalk's website.

This subject matter is very important to me as you may have noticed if you've been reading my blog for a while and I've already applied to go to Uganda in January to talk to the youth of Uganda about the war and rebuilding after the war (I should find out this week if I got accepted to attend this summit - cross your fingers for me!) Anything you can donate to sponsor me for this Gulu Walk, even if it's just $5, would be amazing. Thank you in advance for your contribution to this cause that is very close to my heart.

Sponsor Me!

2 comments:

Zinnia said...

I took a history course that involved many countries such as Uganda. It amazes me what goes on in those countries. I find they're history wonderfully intriguing too.

mai wen said...

I totally agree, the things children have to endure in underdeveloped countries is both amazing and apalling. I'm very eager for the movie "The Last King of Scotland" to come out which covers Uganda's history under the reign of the complex Idi Amin. I've read and studied much of Uganda's history and I think this movie will be amazing.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online