1.07.2008

Read in 2007

Alright, so here's my master list of the books I read in 2007. All should be reviewed except for Stardust, which I really enjoyed and found a nice light airy kind of fairy tale for adults (there, that counts as my review, sorry, life's been crazy busy as of late!) I wish I had read more books, I definitely got caught up in the craziness that is life and slacked in the reading recently, but things are calmed down and I have substantially added to my ridiculous TBR pile with books from Christmas so I'm diving back into the wonderful world of the written word!


In 2007 I read 29 books which is roughly 2.41 books per month. That's pathetic! I'll blame moving and starting a new job for that. I'll aim for at the very least 3 books per month this year (which is about 36 books) but I want to hit a total of 40 books this year. I got my reading cut out for me, no more vegging in front of the TV! Well, except for Project Runway of course!

  • Stardust : Neil Gaiman : 4*
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer - The Long Way Home : Joss Whedon & Georges Jeanty : 5*
  • 30 Days of Night : Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith : 4*
  • Fray : Joss Whedon : 5*
  • The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven : Sherman Alexie : 5*
  • Atonement : Ian McEwan : 4*
  • The Collected Short Stories of Amy Hempel : Amy Hempel : 4*
  • The Sandman - Preludes & Nocturnes : Neil Gaiman : 5*
  • The Mysteries of Pittsburgh : Michael Chabon : 5*
  • Reread : The Last Vampire : Christopher Pike : 3*
  • Tales of the Slayers : Joss Whedon : 5*
  • The Amber Spyglass : Philip Pullman : 5*
  • The Subtle Knife : Philip Pullman : 5*
  • The Golden Compass : Philip Pullman : 5*
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows : J.K. Rowling : 4*
  • Watchmen : Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons : 5*
  • Then We Came to the End : Joshua Ferris : 5*
  • Reread : The Shipping News : E Annie Proulx : 4*
  • Batman: The Dark Knight Returns : Frank Miller : 5*
  • Perfume: The Story of a Murderer : Patrick Suskind : 2*
  • Hotel World : Ali Smith : 4*
  • The Night Watch : Sarah Waters : 4*
  • Schindler's List : Thomas Keneally : 4*
  • Girl With a Pearl Earring : Tracy Chevalier : 5*
  • The Sportswriter : Richard Ford : 3*
  • Suite Francaise : Irene Nemirovsky : 5*
  • Notes on a Scandal : Zoe Heller : 5*
  • The Cleaner : Brett Battles : 4*
  • Crime and Punishment : Dostoevsky : 5*
  • 4 comments:

    Patry Francis said...

    Fabulous list!

    mai wen said...

    Thank you, I do feel like the books I read this year were good picks for the most part! I'm excited to get back into the thick of my TBR pile!!

    Anonymous said...

    You got to read Dan Rooney's book :)

    Kurt

    www.indysteelers.com

    mai wen said...

    Oh yeah, I really want to! I read about it in the Post Gazette.

     

    blogger templates | Make Money Online