8.06.2007

A Double Vampire Book Review.


Since both are Vampire stories and both were very short, I thought I'd be lazy and throw these two books into one review.

Tales of the Slayers by Buffy the Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon is a short comic book about the past slayers, before Buffy Summers. As an avid vampire lore lover and a complete Buffy addict, this was a great read! It's not too long but has some good stories and some interesting art depicting the slayers of the past. A fun read and a must if you're a Buffy fan as I am most obviously am.

5*

The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike was a reread by me. I know what you're thinking, Christopher Pike is only one step above R.L. Stine, and I'll admit, I went through my R.L. Stine/Christopher Pike phase, but I got over it and gave most of those books away. However, Pike's Last Vampire series I always kept due to my love of vampire stories. I hadn't read these books since Junior High and thought what the heck, let's see if they are still any good. The Last Vampire was a very quick and easy read, but entertaining. It is well plotted and dives into many different levels of emotion and history involved with the main character, Sita, who has been a vampire for five thousand years and was made a vampire by the first vampire. It was a fun read and I'm glad I read it. Although it didn't compel me to read the rest of the series right away, I may pick at them here and there during my required reread every five books.

3*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of light vampire series. I am reading Charlaine Harris (spelling may be off the first name.) Club Dead, Dead over Dallas, Better Off Dead. They are good. A little light. The last Laurell K. Hamilton was good too. (The Harlequin) not light though.
I am reading another of Harris's books with an interesting title Shakespear's Christmas it is a mystery.

mai wen said...

Great! I'll definitely check those out.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online