8.02.2007

Tragedy In My Hometown.

A great tragedy has happened in Minneapolis, MN where I was born and in the state that I grew up in. My roots are deep there and I still have Family and Friends there, some of which I haven't been able to get a hold of since the phone lines are always busy when I try. I've had to resort to emailing those I care about in the city and pray that they email me back. My mother told me that when I was little we lived only five minutes from that bridge. A bridge collapsing is so unexpected that it does feel as if from a movie, but it wasn't a movie and four are already confirmed dead with 20-30 people still missing. The pictures and accounts of this tragedy are enough to make me cry.

Please read about the survivors' experiences, look at the devastating pictures and watch the videos. All we can do from this far away is to send our support and love.

Thank you to Speedcat for providing the links.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online